Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gifts for Sarah

A friend of mine is having a baby boy and so I really wanted to make her some burp cloths, travel changing pad and "binky leashes."  I just love this fabric!  It kind of made me wish I was having a boy.  I made this stuff first and so I'm not done with my changing pad yet.  When I post the changing pad I'm making for myself I will post the link to the pattern and stuff.  But it's from the same website as the other patterns.
 Here is the inside of the changing pad, there is terry cloth in the middle.

 And it rolls up quite nicely.  You can even put some diapers and wipes inside and still roll it up nicely.  I had thought about adding pockets for the diapers and wipes.  So when you're in a public bathroom using the changing stations one end will hang over and the diapers and wipes have a place to be.  But I figured giving that you'd need some room around the pockets or whatever, it might need to be like an inch or 2 bigger to have a pocket and fold nice when the pockets are full.  But you can just stack the wipes and diapers on top of each other and fold it nice.
 I did a train stitch on one of the burp cloths.  And that too gave me problems and so I just did a straight stitch on the other 2.
 Here are the "binky leashes."
I followed the instructions to hammer the snaps on (the instructions come on the back of the pearl snaps you buy at Joanns).  Becky, my mother in-law had the tool, but the pearl snaps didn't fit in it.  Well I must have hammered too hard.  On one for Sarah and one for myself I cracked them.  I'm not sure what to do about it, so I'm just leaving it.  You can't feel the crack on the top, so it's totally underneath and I'm thinking other than the look, it's fine.  So if you use a hammer to attach the snaps, be careful.  On this one it was fine but I thought I'd give it one more hit to make sure it was on tight, and that cracked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...