Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Day Morning

My kids are still too young to get April Fools Day, but I thought I'd do something fun anyway.  I put some blue dye in their cereal bowls underneath the cereal.  So when I poured their milk it turned blue.  Jayden liked it, but he didn't understand the "April Fools" part.

This was the first day in about a month that I could sleep in and not wake up to an alarm clock.  So I did.  I had woken up when I thought Jayden did, but it turned out he was up before me and had already been downstairs getting into things.  When I came down stairs in the morning I found the little roller (Tanner is using in the picture below) out along with the Easter Egg paints.  The paints were out of the box and so neatly laid on the table in the foyer with the q-tip things laid behind them.  I just thought Dave got them out to look at them. 
Well, since I hadn't gotten my shower before the boys woke up I left them in the family room with their favorite show on TV so I could get my shower.  I've done it so many times before and never had a problem.  Well, when I came downstairs I found Jayden in the laundry room and this is what I saw...
This is my dryer door...


There is a white plastic shelf thing in there with food on it that he also painted.  I yelled at him, put him in time out and stood there for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to clean this up, or what to use.  Then I decided to take some pictures until I figured it out.  I first thought I would just try hot water with dish soap, and it worked.  I cleaned everything except the floor and then made Jayden scrub the floor.

There is still some blue and red in the floor but as you can tell, one day it will be replaced, it's an awful floor.  And there is still blue in the stool, oh well...
This Jayden sure gets into a lot!  Remember the baby powder all over his bedroom?  and the Vaseline all over him?  I'm actually writing this on the 5th, I just back dated it to the 1st when it happened.  This morning he spilled bubble stuff all over the laundry room.  What is next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...