Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pasta Salad Pomodoro with Pepperoni

The pasta salad...  I first made this on Easter and have been asked to make it for every gathering since.  It's really good!



1/2 Package (8oz.) San Giorgio Trio Italiano, uncooked (I actually used a full box and kept the rest the same.)
1/3 Cup vegetable oil
1/4 Cup red wine vinegar or white vinegar
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Italian salad dressing mix or 2 teaspoons seasoned salt (I used a packet of Italian salad dressing mix but I think it was 7 oz.)
1 Cup chopped fresh tomato
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 pkg (3oz.) sliced pepperoni, cut into strips (I used Hormel Turkey pepperoni, when I first made it on Easter I found these cute little tiny turkey pepperoni's but I haven't seen them in turkey since.)
1/4 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Cook Pasta according to package directions.  Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.  In large bowl, stir together oil, vinegar and salad dressing mix; toss with cooled pasta and remaining ingredients except cheese.  Cover; refrigerate.  Stir and sprinkle with cheese before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...