Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Card 2010

Before church I took a few photos in front of the tree for our Christmas card this year.  I really liked last years picture where we all dressed up like the Nativity, but I didn't want to do the same thing this year.
Here are some of the pictures I like, but didn't use in the card.  (This first picture is similar to one in the card, but Jayden's eye's are to the side.)

 Tanner was so excited to wear his own tie.  I have a cute sweater vest that goes with this outfit but he wouldn't let me cover up his tie.
 This was the one and only family picture that I liked.  I had told Dave I just wanted pictures of the boys.  But I just couldn't resist getting a family photo.  I love looking back at all the family photos!


 Jayden was just so cute with the Santa hat!
And this is the 4x6 that I put together to mail with our cards this year.  I placed every little snow flake.  I wasn't sure if I wanted the "2010" where I have it or up in the corner of the family picture.  I didn't want it to stick out too much, so I decided to leave it where I had it.  I just felt it would really stand out in the corner of the family picture.
Each boy signed their own name on all of the cards this year.  I was afraid it would take too long if Jayden wrote his whole name and he might get bored and not sign them all.  So I had him just sign "JJ".  And for some reason Tanner is into writing "T" and "o".  So he signed a "T" for his name.  He does it so well and I have no idea where he learned it from.  It's kind of awful to say, but I wasn't the one who taught him to write a "T" and I don't know who did.
Here is the little letter I typed up and included in each card this year...

Dear (we wrote in their name)
          We had a great year in the Staus House in 2010.  In the beginning of the year we totally remodeled our kitchen and dining room.  Dave did most of the work himself (with help from wonderful family and friends) & he did a fabulous job!!!  We just love our new kitchen!
    In the March 2010 issue of the Family Fun magazine, Susan was published in the “My Great Idea” section for her idea of “Picture Perfect Game Pieces.” 
     Jayden is in his last year of preschool before he starts Kindergarten and he just loves going to preschool.
    Tanner continues to make us laugh each day and amazes us with how smart he is.  He cannot stop talking about when he finally gets to go preschool next year.
    And the most exciting news is that we are expecting our 3rd child around June 9, 2011!!!  Jayden really wants a sister (really 2 sisters) but we won’t know what it is until sometime end of January.  You can always check our blog to find out what it will be and to see what is happening in the Staus House.  Susan tries to post regularly to keep our friends and family up to date and to have all the happenings recorded for the family journal.
     We would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
                                           Love,
         David, Susan, Jayden, Tanner & Baby #3 Staus
www.DavidStausFamily.Blogspot.com

Please don't be offended if we didn't send you a card this year.  If we didn't and you'd like one, please send me your mailing address.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...