Monday, October 10, 2011

Brown Baby Shoes with a Silk Flower

I have been waiting to make these shoes, I just love them!  I have so many different patterns and ideas for shoes and other projects that I want to make, I just don't have the time to do it all.  So I was so glad to finally get this pair done!  Don't you just love them?






To make the silk flower... get some silk or fake silk, I think it's called silkest, it's pretty cheap stuff.  The stuff I got had a crinkled look to it.  Cut out 3 circles of different sizes, light a candle, and hold the edges near the flame and rotate to singe the edges and it curls them up at the same time.  So easy!  I didn't bother taking pictures of the steps, because I didn't think you really needed them.  Then you stack up your circles and sew them together, I put a little button in the center of mine.  One day I'll make some silk flowers for Mackenzie's hair too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...