Thursday, January 3, 2013

Almond Butter

I made some yummy Almond Butter!  This was my second batch.  It's so easy to do!!!!
All you do is just get some natural almonds and put them in a food processor for about 20-30 minutes.  That's it!  I do NOT add anything else, it's just the almonds.

My little food processor can only handle about 4 cups or 1 pound of almonds at a time.  During the process you will need to stop and scrap down the edges.  And it will get hot.  Let it go till it's about as smooth as you'd like it.  I store mine in the fridge.  I'm not sure if you have to, but I do it just to be safe.  And I love eating it with celery!  Yum!

I do not roast mine.  I actually did try some almond butter that was made with roasted almonds and I don't really care for it.  I like the natural almonds.  And it's so much healthier for you then peanut butter!


 And of course Mackenzie had to help me.  She loves being in the kitchen with me and doing what I'm doing!  She saw me scrap the bowl, so she had to do it too.  She's a cute little copy cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...