Monday, August 5, 2013

Painting Our Baking Soda Clay


The kids were with me at AC Moore when we picked out some new colors of Acrylic paint.  They were super excited to paint!
To hopefully not mix the colors I put each color in a bowl and each color had it's own brush.  The kids could only have one color at a time.  And too keep the paint off their clothes I just had them go shirtless since it was summer.  The smocks I have don't cover their sleeves, so I figured it'd just be best to go shirtless.
Instead of spreading lots of newspaper out, I just put a cheap $1 plastic table cloth on the table.  It worked great!  And after the paint on it dried, I folded up and used it again when we did the second coat of paint.
Jayden

Kolin
 Mackenzie got pretty messy, so I was glad I took her clothes off!  She had so much fun painting and was really into it!  She also did a great job!!!
Mackenzie

Tanner
 Tanner is so serious when he's painting.
Here are the finished paint pieces drying, and waiting for a second coat of paint or painted designs on them.

Here are the finished pieces, after I sprayed them with clear acrylic, except Kolin's because he took his home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...