Monday, December 2, 2013

Banana Split Ice Cream Cake

Wrong time of year for this, most likely, although I can eat ice cream cake all year round!
But as I said before I'm working on finally get my 2010 family blog book done and pulling out and re-uploading all my pics to my computer, so I came across this and thought I'd post it.

It's wonderfully amazing!

We had some very special people coming over for their birthdays and they requested an ice cream cake.  It just happened after I got their request I was surfing through some craft blogs and came across an easy recipe for banana split ice cream cake.  I was so excited!  It's super easy.  This is all you need...

Banana Split Ice Cream Cake

Ice cream sandwiches
Heath bits
Carmel and Hot Fudge topping
4 Bananas
Sliced Strawberries
Small can of crushed pineapple
1 container of whipped topping

You open all 12 ice cream sandwiches and lay them on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Slice the bananas and put them on top.  The use 1/2-1 cup of Hot Fudge and Carmel (each) and put on top.  Then layer the sliced strawberries.  Mix a small can of crushed pineapple including the juice with a container of whipped topping.  and then put that mixture on top.  Sprinkle a crushed butterfinger or heath bits on top.  And freeze for at least 4 hours.  and wa-la....
A very yummy ice cream cake!!!
Just a tip, leave it sit for a few minutes so you can actually bite into it.  I don't know about you, but I don't like my strawberries to be totally frozen, just a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...