Friday, January 17, 2014

Gluten Free Pita Pockets


I LOVE these!!!!  I use them for pizza crust, turkey or chicken burgers, chicken salad (especially when it's made with avocado and lime juice instead of mayo), homemade sloppy joe's anything you would use bread or rolls for!

They are super easy and quick to make!  I make several batches and freeze them.

Here's the recipe I found online over a year ago, sorry I printed it, but I don't know where I got it from.

Gluten Free Pita Pockets

Ingredients
1 egg
1/4 Cup of water
1 Tablespoon oil or melted butter
1 Tablespoon coconut flour, firmly packed
1/2 Cup almond flour, firmly packed
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Whisk together the egg, oil and water.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well to form batter.
4. Pour two equal parts onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
I doubled the recipe and got 3.
5. Spread each pita 5-6 inches round.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Here they are done.

Note: If I double this I get 3, not 4.  I would just double and make 3 because I like the size of them better.  If I made 4 I think they're too small, make whatever size you'd like.  However I normally 4X it and make 6 at a time, and freeze them.

Cut them in half, the slice the center open to form your pocket.


When I freeze them I cute squares out of the parchment paper I cooked them on, and put the squares in-between them so they don't freeze together.  I also freeze them whole, but I don't know what harm it could do to freeze them cut.

Put them in a quart freezer bag, label and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...