Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Julie's Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!!!!  I call it Julie's because that is who I got the recipe from, I really don't know it's official name, sorry! 
As you can see in the picture below I'm using the wonderful recipe holder that my husband made me... LOVE IT!
Anyhow... It was my mom's last day at the nursing home, she had been there for 3 1/2 months and the nurses and aides where just so nice I wanted to bake them some cookies to say "Thank you." And I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you as well...

Julie's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Cup Shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco sticks)
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 Cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream shortening and sugars in the mixer, then add eggs & vanilla.  In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients, then add them to the sugar mixture and stir in chocolate chips.  If you let it sit for a few minutes it's easier to just roll it in balls in your hands, no need to use spoons, and you have perfect circles too.  You could try putting it in your fridge for a little too, although I just let it sit on the counter for about 15 minutes.  Or I just dig in and the first set I do are a little sticky on my hands, and the second set aren't so sticky.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.  and you know the rest... put on a cooling rack to cool... 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...