Saturday, May 5, 2012

Philly Temple Blocks

A few years ago I had come across some cute temple blocks on someone's blog and had wanted to do them with the young women because at the time I was in in young women's.  But we never did them.  So now that I am the Activity Days leader I decided to do them with the girls.  And now we know of the plans for a temple in Philadelphia and there is a picture of what it is supposed to look like.  So I took that picture, turned it black and white and added "I'm going there someday!" to it.  I had them printed at a 1 hour photo place and the girls mod podged them to the blocks and added ribbon.  Lora, the lady with me, and I sanded and spray painted the blocks ahead of time.  We use wood from the garage that we tore down at my house.
I forgot my camera on Wed. night so I don't have pictures of the ones that the girls made.  But we decided to do extra and give them to the girls that will be coming into Activity Days during the year.  So I took those home and finished them at home.  Unfortunately the pictures bubbled up.  I'm wondering if it was because we didn't have time to let the mod podge fully dry underneath the picture (you use the mod podge to glue the picture to the wood) before we mod podged over top.  And I had them next to the coal stove and they got really dry.  I don't know really know what happened, but I'm a little annoyed that it happened!
Anyhow, here are the 5 that I finished up at home, I just had to add the bows.  But I did do another coat of mod podge and it helped the bubbles a little, but not much.  You can see some of the bubbles in the picture.
I was going to upload the black and white picture of the Philly Temple for you to copy and use if you wanted to do this, but if you read a previous post, my computer died and that is where the picture was saved.  However, if you have any photo editing software, you can do it.  Download the picture from the church website, turn it black and white and add text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...