Friday, March 2, 2012

Tanner's Scripture Tote

Tanner was no in the Sunbeam class at church and that is when we gave Jayden a Book of Mormon to start taking to church with him.  They can't read, but they feel special taking it and they love looking at the pictures.  It's also only a couple of dollars.  I didn't really have the time to make a scripture bag like I did for Jayden.  And I ended up seeing this tutorial online about making a bag out of a place mat.  And it just so happened that Dave and I were on a little date walking through Target when I saw a place mat on sale for like 25 cents!  Score!  I was so excited.  So the following day I went to the fabric store to get stuff for handles, which was really cheap stuff.  And Tanner sat beside me as I quickly folded the place mat in half and sewed the sides.  I did cut some off, because I didn't want it to be too wide.  I had a scrap piece of fabric that was the perfect size for a pocket.  All I did was fold in the ends and sew it so it wouldn't fray and I sewed it on.  So simple and easy and he just loves it!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...