Monday, October 22, 2012

Headband

I bought some double fold elastic at Joann's and made a headband for Mackenzie.  I think her other ones are getting too tight for her.
Mackenzie still won't let me me put it on but my cutie-pie niece, Cozette, will.  So here is Cozette wearing it with one of the silk flowers I made...

When I sewed the ends together I sewed it with a zigzag stitch like this...  at the end and then I overlapped with enough room to put the prongs of the clip through.
 See the prongs though the little spot.  I overlapped it just enough for the prongs and zig zagged over the ends.  This way it totally hides the end and it's a nice little spot for the clip to go.

Here are some headband measurements I've found…

Newborn-6 months: 13 inches
6 months - 18 months: 15 inches
18 months and up: 18 inches

Another set of measurements I've found are:
Newborn: 13 1/4 inches
3-6 months: 14 1/2 inches
6-12 months: 16 inches
12 months - teen: 17 1/2 inches
Adult: 18 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...