Monday, October 8, 2012

Purple Leather Baby Shoes w/ a Bow

When our Joann's was moving I had bought some purple leather really cheap, in hopes to make some shoes or hair things for Mackenzie.    And I finally made her a pair of shoes.
And I added the bow.  The piece I used for the strap was the piece that was left over from the middle of the "u" when you cut out your top piece.  I just "squared" it up a bit, really it was a rectangle.  I did the elastic hoop on this shoe with the button.  This type of closure stays closed and still gives a little bit of stretch.  If you'd like to see how I do that you can check out my tutorial for the pleated Mary Jane shoe.
For this pair I also put a piece of quilt batting in between the two pieces for the sole of the shoe.  Since my daughter is 16 months old and walking I wanted a little more cushion in the sole.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...